Xiaomi Mi3 comes with its default MIUI launcher that focuses on simplicity and hence removing the app drawer on its homescreen.
Based on the stock Android, app drawer for me is a good feature to keep your page tidy. I personally like to have this feature on the Mi3.
After trying few launchers on the market, I must admit that the best is in fact the most popular launcher on the Play Store, that is Nova Launcher.
Why Nova Launcher?
1. It is fast.
2. You can make it faster by disabling the animation!
3. It eats sooo little RAM
4. You can choose few readily available icon pack like the Kit Kat icons
5. Customisation is plentiful
6. The stock icons like the email, dialer and messaging support full HD icons so the icons looks very sharp.
Then, I choose the Moonshine icon pack which is also on Play Store, to get the 2014 material design icons.
So far, the experience of using Nova Launcher and Moonshine really makes the Mi3 feels much better and more refined.
This is based on my experience using the Xiaomi Mi3 + Nova Launcher + Moonshine. Correct me if I’m wrong on any part of the article written. Hope it helps!
|Figure 1: Screenshot of Power Saving
There are few reasons why you have notification problems on your Honor 3C. Maybe you have no notification light/LED blinking when you receive a notification, maybe the notification doesn’t appear on your notification bar or you only get the notification when you open the app (eg; Whatsapp).
Here are the solution of the problem that I strongly believe will help you to get the notification back.
1. Refer to Figure 1 above, click Protected apps. Choose the apps that you want to keep alive in background. This will make the apps stays alive even when your screen is locked.
2. Change the Power Saving mode to Normal. When you first get your phone, the Power Saving Mode is Smart, which actually makes your phone to switch off the notification light/LED and also kill some apps that is in background (eg; Whatsapp). This is why your phone only shows notifitication when you open the apps. You open Whatsapp, then only the message gets to your phone. So, choose Normal.
3. One more thing that you need to do is to go to Notification Manager. Browse to the apps (eg; Whatsapp) and choose Allow. Ok, what the difference between Allow, Notify and Restrict.
Allow – you are allowing the apps to show notification on your notification bar.
Notify – you’ll see the notification of the apps appear on notification bar and you can choose from there whether to Allow or Restrict.
Restrict – no notification of the apps appear on notification bar.
BTW, if you are asking what is notification bar, it is the bar on the top that have the signal, battery percentage and clock.
|Figure 2 – Look for the Notification Manager
I hope my writing here can help you with your problem. I appreciate if you could comment if it solved your problem.
SsThis should be simple. Just follow the instruction below:
1. Go to Settings – Asus Customised Setting – App installation settings
2. From there, choose Prefer external storage.
3. Done! We also include the screenshot below just to make it easier for you.