I have recently bought an iPhone 4 from DiGi at DiGi Center in BBT One, Lebuh Batu Nilam 2, Bandar Bukit Tinggi, 41200 Klang, Selangor. The customer service there are very nice and they have well enough information about the iPhone 4, the plans and how to get it.
This is the steps needed to get an iPhone 4 from DiGi, if you currently on other network provider. In my case I port my number from Celcom to DiGi.
1. You need to go to the DiGi Center to book your iPhone and port your phone number using MNP.
I recommend you to go the DiGi Center BBT One early in the morning (9am) on Tuesday, because that is the day when the fresh iPhone 4 16GB and iPhone 32GB arrives.
2. Fill the form of MNP to port your phone number and you will be given a new sim card from DiGi. At this stage you don’t have to pay anything. Also, you don’t have to change your sim card straight away, but you need to wait until your phone show no network available. This might takes up to 48 hours as told by DiGi representative, so, you can go home and wait. In my case, the porting only needs less than 10 hours.
3. When your phone shows no network available, change the sim card to the sim card provided by DiGi. From the moment I went to DiGi Center, registering for the MNP plan, waiting for the port-in and replacing the sim card, I have never missed out any call or having difficulty in using my phone to make calls or send messages. Everything works seamlessly. One more thing, using DiGi network are great since there are no annoying ‘Call Forwarding’ pop up messages that I have encounter when I was on Celcom network.
4. After the port-in is successful, you need to go again to the DiGi Center that you have registered earlier to get your iPhone 4. This is due to the fact that this specific DiGi Center have the iPhone that you have booked earlier. In my case, I went to the DiGi Center the next day on 12pm and to my surprises, iPhone 4 16GB and 32GB are sold out already! Hehe, but I have booked an iPhone 16GB earlier, so, my phone is there kept in safe place.
5. To get your booked iPhone 4, you need to pay RM2090 for the iPhone 16GB or RM2490 for the 32GB using either cash or credit card. In my case, I asked to pay RM1000 using credit card and RM1090 using cash, but, this is not accepted. Luckily, there is Maybank branch in front of the DiGi Center BBT One. So, I just credit my cash to my credit card and the payment for the iPhone 4 16GB successfully done at the DiGi Center.
6. After payment has been done, your DiGi representative will go to the store and pick up your iPhone 4.
7. Activation needs to be done on-the-spot, so, there is no chance that you can get your iPhone 4 with the plastic package unopened.
8. After the activation has done, you can take your iPhone 4 and smile on your way out from the DiGi Center. Remember to remove the front plastic cover on your iPhone 4 face as the speaker hole is being covered with it, so you can’t hear any sound from the earpiece hole.
9. iPhone 4 from DiGi are great! I’m one happy DiGi customer and I’m not related to DiGi marketing team. Also, I’m not yellow.
Questions that are in my mind before buying the iPhone 4 from DiGi:
1. Do DiGi have ready-stock iPhone 4?
Yes, they do have it every Tuesday. Other than that day, it is going to be sold-out.
2. How much do I really really need to pay upfront?
Just RM2090 for 16GB and RM2490 for iPhone 4 32GB. No other payment is needed. This is true as this is what happens to me. I just pay RM2090 for the iPhone 4 16GB and I don’t even have to pay the 4% credit card charge when using credit card to pay for it.
3. Is iPhone 4 plan from DiGi better than the iPhone 4 Maxis plan?
IMHO, yes. No bill shock if you exceed the quota. Even though the Maxis iPhone 4 are much cheaper upfront, there will be subsequent charge of 10sen/10kb if you exceed the quota. The good thing about Maxis is that it is, ‘Broadband without Speed Limit’. Means that there are no throttling down the speed like what DiGi do when you exceed the quota to just 128kbps. DiGi, on the other hand, provide DiGiMusic app from the iTunes store whereby you can download unlimited amount of music with just RM5/month with free 1st month trial. With just RM58/month (if you opt for auto-debit), DiGi is definitely the cheapest iPhone 4 plan with the iDiGi plan. Anyway, the contract is for 24-month and RM400 if you decide to cancel the plan after registration.
4. Is iPhone 4 better than the HTC Desire HD?
IMHO, yes. Everything about the iPhone is high quality and I’m very surprised with the fastness of iPhone 4 camera. The HD video 720p are also amazing compared to my previous Nokia X6. HTC Desire HD are also good, but, my preference is to the iPhone 4. Your taste might differ and you can beg to differ.
*IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
For more info: http://www.digi.com.my/iphone/index.html